You have a problem; I have a solution.
The problem could evidence itself in many ways:
- Your flight for Honolulu leaves at six o’clock AM.
- The professor of your morning class expects you to arrive at least fifteen minutes early.
- Your internship requires a long commute, and you have to leave your house before the sun rises.
- The bus does not come frequently enough.
- This is going to be your first summer on your own, and you don’t know how to cook anything.
- You aren’t hungry when you wake up, but you are famished within minutes of leaving your house.
In a word, your problem is breakfast.
In two words, the solution is overnight oatmeal.
Whether you are studying for a class, traveling the globe, learning to cook or lounging by the pool, you need a tasty, make-ahead breakfast that will keep you full through your day. Overnight oatmeal is a perfect solution.
When you take your first bite of this vanilla-orange combination, your taste buds will visit your childhood; the flavors are reminiscent of a Dreamsicle–tangy orange, sweet sugar, and creamy vanilla all in one.
Cutie Overnight Oatmeal
(makes one serving)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cutie, peeled and sectioned
- Combine all ingredients in a seal-able container.
- Shake until well-combined.
- Refrigerate the mixture overnight.
- Eat and enjoy! (Overnight oatmeal can be enjoyed cold, or it can be warmed on the stove or in the microwave).
Happy Fiesta Friday!