Another Confession: I hate having the same things as everyone else. Therefore, I shop second-hand and make a lot of my own stuff (this is also due to the fact that I’m cheap, remember?). Anyway, at the start of the school year, someone gave me a wireless mouse for my laptop, and I decided to make my own mouse pad. It was super simple and I am very proud of how it turned out.
- Scissors (on hand)
- Cereal box, cracker box, or something similar (on hand)
- Double-sided tape (on hand)
- A fabric scrap (on hand)
- Duck Tape (on hand)
- Permanent Marker (on hand)
1. Cut your box into two equal rectangles the size that you want your mouse pad to be.
2. Attach double sided tape to one of the rectangles, and then place them back to back.
3. Cut your fabric scrap larger than your rectangles and place it underneath the rectangles.
4. Wrap the fabric around the rectangles, using Duck Tape to secure it. Cover the entire back of the mouse pad with Duck Tape so that there is no box showing.
5. Use a sharpie to decorate the front of your mouse pad and make it personal!
6. Use and enjoy it!