I have this thing about spending money. Actually, I HATE spending money. That is why I am introducing you to Top Ten Tuesday with a list of free items for you to enjoy.
Top Ten Things You Should Never Pay For
- Pens – How many stores do you frequent that offer free pens? Grab a few! Now, I know what you are thinking, “Oh! I could never do that I only use _(insert name of expensive pen here) .” Well, get over it. You are not a pen connoisseur; you are a poor student trying to pay for college. Don’t waste your money on pens.
- Books – Don’t get me wrong; I love to read. I’ve read two and a half books in the past three days, but I got all of the books for free at the local library. The choice is yours: either buy a $20 book at a bookstore with a coffee shop and read it once or borrow a book from the library and read it once. I mean, it’s your money; you can make the decision.
- Television – My family has never paid for television. We have network TV and all of our other favorite shows are available online. Try sites like Hulu.com or the networks site (like mylifetime.com).
- Email – This is a no-brainer. Don’t make me explain.
- Wi-Fi – What? Your hotel doesn’t have Wi-Fi? Don’t be lazy! Get in your car, drive to the nearest McDonald’s, buy a yogurt parfait (just because they are so amazing and only cost a buck), and use their Wi-Fi while you people watch. Free Wi-Fi AND free entertainment. It doesn’t get better than that.
- Drinks – be healthy and frugal; drink water. That is like two birds with one stone.
- Antivirus Software – I have had the same computer for a while, and I have never had a virus thanks to my AVG security. It works great, and I would highly recommend it!
- Exercise – There are so many reasons to not pay for exercise. First of all, many businesses and schools offer free gym membership. Second, you can access scores of exercise videos on YouTube. Some of my favorites are the ones that Blogilates produces. Lastly, running never costs you anything, and it burns a TON of calories (it is also a great time to pray…just throwing that fact out there for free 🙂 ).
- A tan – Please tan naturally. You really do not want to look like (1) Cheetos, (2) a potato, or (3) a half-peeled carrot. Just look natural. It is so much better!
- Money – Don’t trade a quarter for two dimes just because two is more than one. Think about what you are doing!
Who ever said that nothing in life is free?