Once again, happy Peanut Butter Month!
Today I am bringing you a rather unconventional recipe involving peanut butter, Italian dressing, noodles, and shrimp. Despite the odd mix of ingredients, it has become one of my favorite meals to cook, and my whole family enjoys eating it as well (unless they are lying to me).
If you like things spicy, feel free to add in extra red pepper flakes or some Sriracha. Peanuts also add a nice crunch.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup italian dressing
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 16 oz rice noodles, bean noodles, or spaghetti
- 2 lbs. deveined, cooked shrimp, tails removed
- 2 cups green onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup oil
- In a large re-sealable plastic bag, combine shrimp and salad dressing. Seal bag and turn several times to coat the shrimp with dressing. Place bag in the refrigerator for at least fifteen minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Combine chicken broth, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, ginger, and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
- In a large skillet, saute’ onion in oil until crisp-tender.
- Drain shrimp and discard dressing. Add shrimp to onion and cook 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Add drained pasta and peanut butter mixture to shrimp and onions. Toss to combine everything.
- Eat and enjoy!