Fridays are my free days, and the best things in life are free. On Fridays, I am always free from class, and I am usually free from work. Pure relaxation.
A couple of weeks ago, I woke up and enjoyed a short, free run through the quaint village of Old Salem. When I got back to school, I emptied out the storage closet on my hall and set any unclaimed furniture in the hallway with a sign that said “free.” After lunch (which I consider free because I ate in the cafeteria), I took advantage of my free gym membership (special “thank you” to my college for providing that!) and swam at the nearby YWCA.
Once I was back in my room, I needed some post-swim fuel. In my mini-fridge, I had frozen strawberries which were technically free because they were left over from an RA event. I also had a single-serve pack of chocolate protein powder (a free gift with a purchase of Quest bars) in my closet/pantry. Some simple mixing and microwaving made a perfect (almost free) snack.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Proats
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- 1 scoop (or one packet) chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup frozen strawberries + more for topping
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk or an additional 1/2 cup water (I used cashew milk because it’s what was on sale at Aldi that week)
- Combine oatmeal and protein powder in a large microwaveable bowl.
- While stirring, add water and milk.
- Mix in 1/4 cup strawberries.
- Microwave on high 1 minute. The oats should have a thick, fudgy texture.
- top with more strawberries, if desired.
- Eat and enjoy!