Let’s get sentimental…
On Monday, I surprised my grandparents by flying to Michigan and walking through their front door (when they weren’t there…ooops!).
Since I hadn’t seen them in over a year, this was just as much a gift to myself as it was a surprise for them.
When I start to list generalized memories about my mom’s parents, so much comes to mind:
- Camping at the “North 40”
- Long road trips
- “Grandma Camp”
- Board games
- Potter’s Wheel Bible Church
- French toast and bacon
Mmmmmm…French toast covered in cinnamon…
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs Blind Spot Cinnamon Roll nut butter
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Whisk egg, milk, and vanilla together. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon into the mixture and let sit.
- Spread 1/2 tbs of Blindspot Cinnamon Roll nut butter on each of the pieces of bread. Slice 1/2 of a banana and place the slices on one piece of bread. Sandwich the bread together with the nut butter and banana in the middle.
- Coat a frying pan with nonstick spray and heat over medium heat.
- Dip the sandwich into the egg mixture and flip so that both sides are covered. Transfer the bread to the heated pan.
- Cook until both sides are brown, turning as necessary.
- Eat and enjoy!
P.S. The Penzeys cinnamon was a gift from my grandma because she knows that cinnamon can go on anything!
P.P.S. Happy National French Toast Day!
What food do you always eat at your grandparents house?
What do you put on French toast?